Utah Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning

Other articles related to Utah Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning:  ■ Fundamentals of a good estate plan in Utah,  Utah Trusts.

Utah Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning - orange line

Who needs estate planning?

If you own anything, you do.

What is estate planning?

Planning for the preservation and transfer of a person's property after their death is called "estate planning". A good estate plan includes a Will, Powers of Attorney, a Living Will ("Utah Advance Health Care Directive") and usually a Trust.

What is asset protection?

  • Asset protection is part of good estate planning for many seniors. It requires planning to:
  • Eliminate or reduce taxes
  • Protect your money and property from future creditors
  • Protect you from losing your assets because of disability or incompetence
  • Anticipate and plan for nursing home or catastrophic medical expenses which might require medicaid or other public benefits
  • Place inheritances you leave to irresponsible children or grandchildren in the hands of safe managers

Experience Counts…

Attorneys at Helgesen, Houtz & Jones have planned over 1000 estates. Our lead estate planner, Jack Helgesen, has a degree in finance. He began his career by planning large estates for retirees in Mesa, Arizona. In 1982, Jack returned to Utah and has continued that work for over 30 years. he writes a regular Utah Elder Law column in Simple Seniors Magazine, including frequent articles on Utah Estate Planning topics. He is a member of the national Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA).

You can call or meet with Jack Helgesen at either of our locations.

We are happy to meet with you in a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION to discuss your estate planning needs, including:

  • Utah Wills
  • Utah Living Trusts
  • Utah Advance Health Care Directives
  • Utah Powers of Attorney
  • Utah Revocable Trusts
  • Utah Irrevocable Trusts
  • Utah Asset Protection Trusts
  • Utah Legacy Trusts
  • Utah Special Needs Trusts
  • Good Ways to Avoid Utah Probate
  • How to leave an inheritance to irresponsible children
  • Other estate planning issues

Please call us today.

Helgesen, Houtz & Jones $$(801) 544-5306